Since we as a private university are not subsidized by the state, our studies are financed by tuition fees. You benefit from intensive teaching, modern technology and a high level of service. If you decide to study at our university, we will find funding opportunities that suits you. You can count on us being transparent and fair on all financing issues.
What are the tuition fees?
- Film and Television B.A. (English): 26 800.00 € -
or approx. 788.00 € per month in 34 monthly instalments
- Film and Television B.A. (German): 24 990.00 € –
or 735.00 € per month in 34 monthly instalments
- Communication Management B.A.: 22 100.00 € –
or 650.00 € per month in 34 monthly instalments
- Journalism and PR B.A.: 23 970.00 € –
or 705.00 € per month in 34 monthly instalments
What services are included in tuition fees?
- Enrollment and exam fees
- Free public transport "BVG Semesterticket" for Berlin zones ABC, including free bicycle transport; (with the purchase of an additional ticket you will receive a VBB-wide valid ticket)
- Technical consumables, lecture notes and copies
- The use of photo- and film equipment at the study location
- Personal laptop for lectures
What support can be supplied?
We are committed to fair and transparent prices, to make sure that our students get the best possible financing options. We will be happy to advise you, should you have any queries about the financing of your studies. You can apply for BAföG or a study- or educational loan starting with your first semester.
As a new student, if you want to lower your monthly tuition fees to about 500.00 €*, you now have the option of making lower monthly payments over a period of 46 months. This will allow for more freedom during your time of study and you should easily manage your payments during the fourth year.
If you have any questions about financing, please do not hesitate to contact at: +40 30 290080 233.
* exact amount depends on the chosen programme
Funding options for your studies
At the DEKRA | Hochschule für Medien offers many different ways for students to finance their studies. As a member university of the Student Loan Fund daka e.V. we can offer our students very good financing options for a student loan. In addition to the well-known BAföG funding and the services of the KfW bank, the online platform Strival, for example, is an alternative to student loans. In addition, there is the opportunity to apply for a scholarship. Further detailed information on the subject of student financing can also be found at Deutsches Studentenwerk.
Study funding by Studentische Darlehnskasse e.V.
The Studentische Darlehnskasse e.V. - daka e.V. - has been offering the cheapest student loan in Berlin for more than 60 years. Students of DEKRA | Hochschule für Medien has the opportunity to receive a student loan of up to 750.00 Euro, regardless of age, BAföG, income, nationality and number of semesters, quickly and easily. The repayment is flexible - adapted to the financial situation.
For which scholarships you can apply?
There are many scholarships available from the Department of Education, from foundations and religious organisations and also from economic players. Anyone can apply, although your social involvement and /or economic situation are very important. Your academic results hardly ever play the most important role.
- Stiftung Begabtenförderung berufliche Bildung (Foundation for the assistance of gifted persons in vocational training)
- Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes (German Academic Scholarship Foundation)
- Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung (The Green Political Foundation)
- Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (Konrad Adenauer Foundation)
- Hanns-Seidel-Stiftung (Hanns-Seidel Foundation)
- Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (Friedrich-Ebert Foundation)
- Friedrich-Naumann-Stiftung (Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom)
- Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung (Rosa Luxemburg Foundation)
Other large scholarship providers
- Hans-Böckler-Stiftung (Hans Böckler Foundation)
- Studienfonds OWL (OWL Study Fond - Social scholarship)
- Horizont Stiftung (Horizont Foundation - study financing in the areas of marketing and media)
- Studienstiftung der Süddeutschen Zeitung (Study Foundation of the Süddeutsche Zeitung/ newspaper)
- Absolventa – demokratisches Stipendium (democratic scholarship)
- Otto-Benecke-Stiftung (Otto Benecke Foundation - international female applicants)
- Reemtsma Begabtenförderwerk (sponsor for gifted persons)
- Fazit Stiftung (Fazit Foundation)
If you intend to apply for one of these scholarships, we offer an application overview service. To make use of this, please schedule an appointment with Anna Marta Potocka, tel. +49 30 290080220 or send an email to email@example.com.
Further information on student financing
In the portal studis-online.de you can find out which other financing options are available in addition to BAföG. And there are tips for your income tax return as well.
Part-time work during your studies
Which job-types are available? How can I insure myself? Are there special BAföG or internship regulations?More information about part-time work and insurance in the online portal "Studien- & Berufswahl" (Study & Career Choice)
Since 1 January 2012 the tax office has regarded up to 6 000 € per year of your first-degree course fees as special expenses. This provision can be found in §10 (1) no. 7 of the Income Tax Act. For further education or a second degree you can usually claim your complete education expenses (tuition fees, travel expenses) as advertising costs. The Tax Simplification Act of 2011 contains another interesting point for the parents of many students: until their first vocational training has been completed it is not necessary to prove that your child works less than 20 hours a week. Therefore, the previous income limit of 8,004 € that applied to child benefits (Kindergeld), no longer applies. However, taxation details depend on individual income situations. Advice from a tax consultant will be beneficial.
Spotlight on study loans
The current CHE Study Credit Test provides a detailed analysis of study loans. 33 loan providers were investigated. Questions such as: "Which student loan allows me to stay abroad? Which loan has the lowest interest rate? Can I adjust the pay-out amount during my studies?" are all answered.
Further databases on the topic of student funding
In addition to the classic financing options such as BAföG or scholarships, there are also other options to finance your studies. You can find information about the topic "Student Job" on the online portal "Studien- und Berufswahl". The portal studis-online.de also provides information on other financing options besides BAföG. The portal studieren.de also presents the most important financing aids, such as BAföG and or Student Loan.
Strival is the alternative to student loans and works like a crowdfunding campaign. On the online platform, you place a request for funding and the team of Strival takes care of possible sponsors. If the financing commitment is made, the required money will be paid monthly at the beginning of the study.
- Bundeszentrale für politische Bildung (Journalisten)
- First Steps (für Filmemacher)
- Strival - Crowdfunding statt Studienkredit